Jones Natural Pet Chews
The Jones history as meat cutters and butchers in the USA can be traced back 16 decades to Stephen Jones, meat cutter in 1859 in Rome, New York. Each new Jones generation was trained in meat cutting and passed down the family tradition. The Jones Packing Company was established in 1952. In 1970, Robert L. Jones founded this company as a small meat market with a smokehouse to provide custom butchering and smoking for local farmers in Woodstock, IL.
The best cuts of meat also produced the best bones, and word traveled fast that Jones was the place to go for naturally baked dog chews. The first baked dog chews were introduced to the public in 1987. At this time, three of Robert’s children – Darren, Dean and Laura – had joined the company and were eager to expand the dog product line, which was officially established in 1991. After occupying five separate locations in Woodstock, the company expanded to a new, single location in Rockford, Illinois in 2005. Currently, the company operates out of three facilities in Rockford.
Six generations of expertise in the meat industry have proven to be a valuable asset to Jones Natural Chews. The Jones family takes pride in the consistency and quality of their natural, healthy dog treats made from animal products which are raised and sourced from U.S. packers and ranchers. Over the years, Jones Natural Chews has carefully developed many types and sizes of chews and treats for all size dogs.